Staging your home to sell is one of the most important steps when getting your home ready for the market.
Karen Anderson & The Prestige Team have been staging listings for over 20 years. As full-service realtors, we custom tailor the presentation of your home with a proper theme to best highlight the character and qualities of your property. This includes careful selection of furniture pieces, accent colors, plants, wall art, and many chachkies to make your property shine in its best light!
Staging is one of many services we provide to our clients at NO extra charge! You will never be charged a staging fee when working with Karen Anderson & The Prestige Team! Read below to find out more about our staging!
Real estate staging is the process of taking a property, vacant or occupied, and changing the look and feel of the living space to make your home more appealing to today’s buyers! Staging allows potential buyers to see the home with real furniture, giving them an actual sense of what the space feels like furnished.
It does not matter if your property is completely vacant or owner-occupied, our staging will transform the look and feel of your home to give you the best chance of selling for top dollar in the shortest amount of time!
Our staging process involves taking inventory of what is currently at the property to determine what furniture pieces we will use and which should be removed. Our goal is to establish a proper theme, to give your property a burst of style and direction. We have a warehouse full of staging furniture and accessories that are specifically designated for our client’s listings. If we do not have the right items for your home, we reach out to one of our staging vendors to assist with perfecting the presentation of your home!
Decluttering, another of our free services, may also be something we do while prepping the home for staging. The goal is to have a property that looks cute, neat and spacious!
From the pillows on the couches to the plates on the dining table, we take extreme care in coordinating styles and pieces so they compliment your property and show it in its best light!
Recently, virtual staging has seen an increase in use when selling real estate. Although virtual staging does offer some advantages, we strongly suggest against going this route. The main reason we shy away from virtual staging is that a buyer will see something different in pictures than when they visit the property in person.
The main advantage of virtual staging is COST because there is no moving furniture or setup involved. Also, virtual staging only works if the home is completely vacant, so it will not work for every situation.
• 31% of sellers’ agents said they staged all sellers’ homes prior to listing them for sale.
• The most common rooms that were staged included the living room (90%), kitchen (80%), master bedroom (78%), and dining room (69%)
• It was most common that sellers’ agents used a staging service (49%). Sellers’ agents also personally offered to stage the home (26%), and said that paying for staging was dependent on the situation (26%)
• The median dollar value spent when using a staging service was $1,500, compared to $300 when the sellers’ agent personally staged the home
• When staging a home, 23% of sellers’ agents reported an increase of 1 to 5% of the dollar value offered by buyers, in comparison to similar homes
• 22% of sellers’ agents stated that there were slight decreases in the time on the market when the home is staged
• Among sellers’ agents, having photos (58%), virtual tours (45%), and videos (43%) available for their listings were much more important since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic
We spend a great deal of time ensuring your property shows to the best of our abilities and resources and the end results speak for themselves. Our attention to detail with respect to staging and the overall presentation of your property is among our highest priorities. This attention to detail has caused our listings to consistently outperform the competition.